Surfi-sculpt™ Metal Surface Texturing Technology
Surfi-Sculpt™ is a patented process of TWI and a wholly new, high energy beam process that can modify surface characteristics of any metal to exact tolerances, lending itself to virtually any market. Surfi-Sculpt™ is not a deposition process; this high energy beam process creates detailed protrusions and intrusions on any ferrous or nonferrous metal, allowing for an infinite number of textures or patterns, with a depth of penetration of .001' to .150'.
The Surfi-Sculpt™ metal surface texturing technology introduces a variety of manufacturing possibilities for enhancing and texturing components. This can include surface enhancements for metal to plastic bonding, creating growth-fostering texture on implants, or microscopic patterns on tool grips. The range of textures, shapes, and patterns created by the Surfi-Sculpt™ process is so vast that the possible variations of metal surface enhancements created by the process are infinite.
EBTEC is the only licensed U.S. provider of the Surfi-Sculpt™ metal surface texturing technology
The Benefits of Surfi-Sculpt™ Metal Surface Texturing and Enhancements
- Integrated into the electron beam process
- Produces precise, detailed protrusions and intrusions on any metal
- Allows infinite variations of textures, shapes, and patterns
- Highly repeatable pattern capabilities
- Process components up to 36" x 36" x 52"
- Surface texture and enhancements created from parent material – nonadditive process
- Nondeposition process